Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Mar 9, 2016

Trying Out: Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth

Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth

So excited for today's review guys. I am sure you have all (especially within the natural hair community) heard of people using T-shirts to dry their hair instead of a towel as the fabric of towels isn't very gentle on your hair and can cause damage. Personally, I never tried it because the thought of using a T-shirt to wrap/dry my hair wasn't that appealing to me, however I do recognise that using a normal towel is probably not the best for your hair. This is why I was really excited when I was contacted about review this product. The lady behind the idea has her hair studio and she didn't want to use damaging towels on her clients' hair, nor did she want to use T-shirts as that just wouldn't professional. She therefor created this product with the intention to use for her client as there are none (or few) similar products out on the market and decided to offer them for sale as she saw a demand for them.

Picture borrowed from website: http://www.agidee.com/healthyhair/: Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth

Here is some information on why you might want to stop drying your hair with regular towels and try out the Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth, £10.50:

"Stop using towels on your hair. Traditional towels are made with a harsh abrasive fabric which will lift the hair cuticles and create frizz. Wouldn't you like your bantu knot out or twist out to be more defined ?

The richest in thread count and smoothness of this Egyptian cotton hair cloth will reduce friction which means less breakage. Wouldn't you like your air dried hair to give have a more polished look?
This 100% egyptian cotton hair cloth will remove excess water from your hair rather than all the moisture. Wouldn't you prefer to keep as much moisture as possible in your hair after you deep condition"

Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth


Now let me start of by saying that the hair cloth will arrive in a nice parcel and will be wrapped with a cute bow as you can see in the first picture. The cotton looks like it has a bit of a silky texture to it as it is so smooth. AsI have been using this cloth for a while and didn't get around to taking the pictures before, mine is a bit stained.

As you can see you can use the hair cloth as you usually wrap a towel around your hair, or as I have used it above, wrapping it like a head scarf. For me the latter alternative was really convenient because sometimes I like to sit with my hair towel for a while, allowing it to "towel" dry. Although the hair cloth is quite big, it isn't bulky and thick like a towel and whichever way you choose to wrap it- it will stay on your head and won't feel heavy.

Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth

Just a picture to show you the actual size of the product, in this picture it is folded so it is twice as long. Also, for this type of product, the quality and the fact that this is an independent company, I personally think the price £10.99 is pretty amazing!
Healthy Hair Studio By Enitan: 100% Luxury Egyptian Cotton Hair Cloth

Check out Enitan on Instagra, @Eniagidee or visit the website http://www.agidee.com/healthyhair which is where you can purchase the product.



Have you tried any hair wraps or hair cloths?

Or do you use a towel/t-shirt?

xx

(*) This product was sent to me to review

Instagram || Twitter  || Google+ || Baobella || Bloglovin || Facebook || Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! totally will check them out!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/03/nude-lipstick-for-black-african-women.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, I have a satin pillow case and I love sleeping on that for my hair :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 10 pounds is a bit too much when an old T-shirt actually does the trick. For environmental reasons as well, I think it is better to use a t-shirt you might just have thrown away anyway, instead of waisting money on a new product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥